Truthfully, I still don't exactly know what this award means. All I know is that I got nominated for it by another blogger and I'm beyond flattered. Especially since the gal who nominated me writes one of my favorite blogs. Head on over to Things My Daughters Told Me and you'll see why. Nichole's downright funny . . . and honest . . . and that honesty is probably what makes her so funny. If you're a parent, you'll laugh. If you're not a parent, you'll still laugh. It'll just be at us instead of with us. Anyway, I hope she knows how honored and grateful I am.
My first thought when I found out she nominated me for this award: "Okay . . . well . . . either this means I'm a really well-rounded blogger or my readers think I'm A.D.D." After a little research I'm thinking it's neither one and it just means she likes my blog. Awesome. High compliment coming from her. I'll take it.
So, there are also rules that go along with this award.
- I get to display the award on my blog. I'd feign some sort of embarrassment, but who am I kidding? It makes me feel all puffed up and cool, so I'll take it.
- I'm required to write this post, linking back to the blog who nominated me . . . which I will gladly do.
- Next, I get to present 15 other awesome blogs with this award.
- I also have to comment on their blog and let them know that I did it . . . otherwise how would they know they'd just been granted bragging rights?
- Lastly, I have to post 7 interesting things about myself in this post. I'm not sure how interesting I am, but you'll be able to mock me at least.
Fifteen all-stars (besides Nichole who would've been on my list):
- Mommie Diaries ~ Funny. Period.
- Carrie L. Sunday ~ Honest and Inspirational.
- Love Life With Kids ~ A really inspirational and uplifting blog.
- Living, Loving and Learning Together ~ Dedicated, Funny, Great Resource for Ideas.
- Jogging Dad ~ Love hearing a dad's perspective. Plus he's a funny dad.
- Biscuits 'n Crazy ~ Down-to-Earth and genuine. Plus there are recipes . . . can't go wrong with that.
- The Adventures of Supermom ~ She's hilarious, especially when she's pregnant.
- Inspiring Kids ~ If you need a parenting pick-me-up, this is the place.
- Toddler Bombs ~ Two different moms sharing their stories. Funny.
- No Apologies Parenting ~ Three moms, three countries, three different perspectives. Cool stuff.
- Sue Likkel ~ Great writer, great thoughts. Plus she's from Washington . . . which I think is an obvious charm.
- Movin My Wagon Over ~ This gal cracks me up.
- Libertydee ~ Funny and honest.
- How To Ruin A Toddler's Day ~ Laugh out loud funny . . . and all true.
- Expat Baby Adventures ~ She's well-traveled and I really love reading about her.
You should probably visit all of these blogs. I don't share this information for no reason, you know. And you can thank me later.
I wonder if I can even think up seven semi-interesting things about myself.
- I'm pretty darn short. When I informed my six year old son, Tanner, that he'd probably be shorter than his sister because of height-deficient genes, he threw himself down on the couch and pathetically moaned, "Why did you do this to me!?" I know plenty of parents have teenagers who have claimed ruined lives because of them, but six year olds? Claim to fame right here.
- Would you believe me if I told you I was balding? Because I am. Two-thirds of my hair down the drain . . . literally. I wear a lot of baseball caps and buy really expensive shampoo to combat my misfortune. It might help if I knew why it was falling out . . .
- I won my fourth grade spelling bee. And I've been annoyed by grammatical and spelling errors ever since. I'm afraid it's a cross I must bear in exchange for that sweet victory.
- When I'm pregnant I typically throw up 24 hours a day for about 5 or 6 months and still manage to gain 50 lbs. Everybody has to have a talent.
- I'm scared of fish (because of a tiger muskie horror story I heard on the news once about one of these 5 foot long terrors biting off a kid's thumb). Did I mention that we live at a fish hatchery because that's what my husband does for a living . . . raises tiger muskies (among other less threatening fish)? How's that for irony?
- I'm obsessed with wearing flip-flops. I'm pretty sure I've been moments away from amputation multiple times because I idiotically wear them even in freezing temperatures (even though I own a million pairs of shoes). I also wear white after Labor Day, so it's not like fashion is my thing anyway.
- I love sour candy. I love it so much that I'll eat it until my mouth is raw and I'm sweating under my eyes. True story.
Anyway, thanks to all of my readers, old and new, for thinking that I have something important and worthwhile to share. I'm touched (and I'm being sincere, not sarcastic).